This page has moved to a new address.

Practical Project

Amastreetkid, The I CARE Blog, about "giving street kids a future": Practical Project

Amastreetkid, The I CARE Blog, about "giving street kids a future"

Blogging about I Care, a Non-Profit Organization giving street children a future, a chance to become an effective member of society and to remove them from the influences of crime. Our process involves Awareness, Outreach, Rehabilitation, Housing, Education and Skills Development.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Durban, KZN, South Africa

A Non-Profit Organization giving street children a future and a chance to become an effective member of society and to remove them from the influences of crime. Our process involves Awareness, Outreach, Rehabilitation, Housing, Education and Skills Development.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Practical Project

Every year the 3rd year communication and media studies students at UKZN have to complete a practical project as part of their portfolio and this year, with the guidance of lecturer Marc Caldwell, students will be focusing on I Care. The class of 170 students will be divided up into groups dealing with 5 different topics ranging from awareness to brand recognition to reputation research.

At the end of the three week practical each group will present their project to a member of I Care and propose how they would be able to assist with reference to their specific topic. Costa Pnematicatos, I Care trustee, welcomes the practical assignment as it allows for evaluation of I Care’s name from an external point of view; he is very interested to see the results.

Through informal research staff members of I Care have discovered that the brand name has a good reputation and the public respect and applaud the work I Care is involved in. If you would like to become an I Care volunteer and help continue improving our community, pop an email to info@icare.co.za

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home