This page has moved to a new address.

Volunteer

Amastreetkid, The I CARE Blog, about "giving street kids a future": Volunteer

Amastreetkid, The I CARE Blog, about "giving street kids a future"

Blogging about I Care, a Non-Profit Organization giving street children a future, a chance to become an effective member of society and to remove them from the influences of crime. Our process involves Awareness, Outreach, Rehabilitation, Housing, Education and Skills Development.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Durban, KZN, South Africa

A Non-Profit Organization giving street children a future and a chance to become an effective member of society and to remove them from the influences of crime. Our process involves Awareness, Outreach, Rehabilitation, Housing, Education and Skills Development.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Volunteer

My name is Brie and I am from Amsterdam. I was in South Africa in November 2007, to work for Mother of Peace and I Care Christian School in Illovo. I really enjoyed my stay and the boys stole my heart. Back home I missed the boys and decided to come back for a year.

It is absolutely wonderful to be here again. At school I teach children who can’t read and it is amazing to see them learn and grow. I see a lot of progress.

On the weekends I also spend time with the boys and they teach me Zulu. My Zulu is improving fast!

It is so nice to see the boys outside of the classroom and really be a part of their lives. I enjoy watching the House Parents interact with the boys. I have a lot of respect for them, they do an amazing job!

Brie has made a tremendous impact in the boys lives in her short time volunteering. For more information on volunteering with I Care, please contact Shirley Van Rensburg on 086 147 0047

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home