This page has moved to a new address.

Update - 3 New I Care homes

Amastreetkid, The I CARE Blog, about "giving street kids a future": Update - 3 New I Care homes

Amastreetkid, The I CARE Blog, about "giving street kids a future"

Blogging about I Care, a Non-Profit Organization giving street children a future, a chance to become an effective member of society and to remove them from the influences of crime. Our process involves Awareness, Outreach, Rehabilitation, Housing, Education and Skills Development.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Durban, KZN, South Africa

A Non-Profit Organization giving street children a future and a chance to become an effective member of society and to remove them from the influences of crime. Our process involves Awareness, Outreach, Rehabilitation, Housing, Education and Skills Development.

Monday, September 1, 2008

Update - 3 New I Care homes

After many meetings, and what felt like endless document submissions, we are on track and plans are going full steam a head to build 3 new homes in Mid-Illovo. All 3 sets of house plans have been approved (finally) and construction should be completed by the middle of December 2008. Most of the materials have been donated to I Care (from various donors) and a construction consortium has very graciously offered to construct the buildings at no cost to I Care. The houses will be run by 2 house parents and there will be 6 boys in each home. (Our current house parent model is currently run under this system and has proved to be most supportive)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home