This page has moved to a new address.

1st Birthday Celebration

Amastreetkid, The I CARE Blog, about "giving street kids a future": 1st Birthday Celebration

Amastreetkid, The I CARE Blog, about "giving street kids a future"

Blogging about I Care, a Non-Profit Organization giving street children a future, a chance to become an effective member of society and to remove them from the influences of crime. Our process involves Awareness, Outreach, Rehabilitation, Housing, Education and Skills Development.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Durban, KZN, South Africa

A Non-Profit Organization giving street children a future and a chance to become an effective member of society and to remove them from the influences of crime. Our process involves Awareness, Outreach, Rehabilitation, Housing, Education and Skills Development.

Friday, August 29, 2008

1st Birthday Celebration

On 4th June I Care Christian School hosted an open day to celebrate their 1st birthday.
Family members were invited and had a chance to look around the school, observe children’s work and enjoy a wonderful performance of singing and dancing by the boys themselves!
Principle Gill Zinn gave an encouraging speech in which she commended the pupils for their enthusiasm to learn and apply themselves. Great progress is being made thanks to the tireless dedication of our teachers, educational team and volunteers. You are truly doing an amazing job!

Following a beautiful solo of Amazing Grace by Qaphela, Gill asked if any boys would like to come forward and say anything. Four boys stepped thanking I Care and their teachers for the ‘nice job’ they have done in their lives.

Mbuso said: “I Care have given me a future and love. I can see where I am going now. I Care took me out of a dirty place into a clean place. Before I could not share love, now I can”.

Great progress is being made thanks to the tireless dedication of our teachers, education team and volunteers. You are truly going an amazing job!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home